Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 11- One of the Best Days of My Life



Hey folks!

Today has been amazing, simply amazing. You know what!?! I may even call this one of the best days of my life. Even though nothing extraordinary or life changing has happened, today has been so peaceful, relaxing and fun and completely free of any sadness or less than awesome feelings. It's wonderful.

Church

We started the day by going to St. Peter's Catholic Church. This was a new experience for me. The beauty of the cathedral was absolutely breathtaking. As a lover of art history, I wasn't able to focus on the sermon or really anything going on because I was so focused on the beauty of the place. There were beautiful stain glass windows behind the lectionary. Hundreds of sculptures from biblical scenes around the building in addition to the dozens of beautiful paintings on the walls. To top this all of, a choir of dozens of boys stood by the organ behind the rows. They had the most beautiful voices that I've ever heard, seriously. The paintings, angelic voices and the beauty of the place made me so excited to go to Heaven. If a church can be this beautiful, what must the actual place be like?

Afternoon and Chinese

I was then able to spend a relaxing afternoon getting caught up on homework with friends. My most stressful assignment is finally done! Several of us ordered Chinese for dinner. What an experience! They have similar foods but they're still so different. The meals also came with this delicious white crisp thing. Although it resembled Styrofoam, it was so good!

Our group leader, Billy, is from Ireland. And he treated the boys to pickled hearing. Here's my friend Luke trying it:

Facials 

The day ended on an awesome note when our team leaders gave us facials. How awesome is that!?!
 


We finished the night off by watching, "The Importance of Being Earnest". This was originally a play written by Oscar Wilde, a famous Irish author that we're learning about in class. Seriously funny movie. Probably one of my new favorite plays. 

Again, awesome, awesome day. Classes again tomorrow (sigh). 





No comments:

Post a Comment