Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 22- Downton Abbey & A Boo-Boo




Hey folks!

I CANNOT BELIEVE I'm 22 days into my trip! Coming to Ireland on this trip has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have 3 weeks left and am dreading leaving. 

I spent the past long weekend in London, since this is my Irish blog I won't post about it. However, the pictures are on Facebook. Also, some days I just have classes and nothing exciting happens. On those days I don't blog. So, even though there's a gap between this and the past post, nothing much has happened. 

Today we want to Castle Ward. As a Downton Abbey fan, I was in Heaven! Everything about this house screamed Downton Abbey! As you will see from the pictures, the architecture resembles that of the Downton house. 

Castle Ward was owned by the Ward family, a powerful merchant family. It has beautiful views and beautiful gardens and some funky house features. 

 

 

 

 

 

One of the rooms had stuffed BOXING SQUIRRELS. Yeah, kind of weird:

It was SO BEAUTIFUL out. It was the first warm, sunny day since we've been here. So, I took a nap in the beautiful garden, and my friend snapped an oh-so-beautiful picture of me:

But, then I got ANOTHER and the MOST PAINFUL boo-boo yet. In Ireland, there's this annoying and painful plant called Stinging Nettles, I think I've mentioned it before. It's a plant than can be big or small and looks kind of like milkweed. The plant has microscopic prickers that you cannot get out of your skin. While I was waiting for my bus and the rest of my group, I sat down in another green grass patch. I began to feel a burning in my lower back, and quickly found out I had sat on a VERY SMALL Stinging Nettles plant. Terrible! Worst part, there's nothing you can do to make it go away and putting water on it just makes it worse. 

My skin swelled up and got gross white spots:


Tomorrow is another day of classes and then Thursday is a free day. BUT: On Friday we go down to the Republic of Ireland to spend the day in Dublin. I'll have lots of pictures and blog stuff then :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment